Happy Monday! Today marks 9 days since we started eating Paleo...well, excluding the date night at my favorite restaurant (La Provence!) Saturday night to see if I really was truly 100% allergic to gluten and dairy. I mean, if your system hasn't had a lick of either substance for 7 straight days and then you have a decent amount of it at one meal, if one was truly allergic, one would get very sick, right? RIGHT! Gosh, as good as that meal was, it was not worth spending the next 15 hours violently ill...I was starting to think I had food poisoning.
So, Paleo we are now (me due to forced dietary restrictions...Dee because, well, I ain't making two separate meals especially considering the amount of work Paleo meals take)!
For all you that have never heard of Paleo before, it is essentially eating totally unprocessed foods that existed back in cave man times...lots of meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. No grains, no dairy, and no added sugar. And of course, all organic, grass-fed meats only. Sounds....uh, super unsatisfying, huh? That's what I thought too until I bought a Paleo cookbook and got to cooking. Not to mention how I felt afterwards...no more tummy aches, bloating, etc....all gone instantly! Dee is of course in love as he gets to eat all kinds of red meat that I would never cook before.
So, what did we eat this past week?
Muffins made of almound flour, coconut oil, carrots, apples, raisins...so yummy and filling!
Chicken & steak soft tacos with homemade tasty marinades, homemade coocnut flour tortillas, and guacamole
Spaghetti squash with homemade pesto sauce, pine nuts, tomatoes, and chicken...delicious!
Banana nut muffins made from almond flour
Paleo pizza with crust made from almond and coconut flours and garlic powder, packed with toppings of tomatoe sauce, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, sausage, artichokes, shaved ham....soooo incredibly good!
Burgers topped with lettuce, turkey bacon, fried egg, avacado, and roasted boccoli...yum!
We're addicted! Everything tastes amazing and we're eating as healthy as one could ever eat. The only problem...cooking of course takes quite a lot of time. Kinda hard when you both work well over 40-hour week jobs. But, it's worth it!
Try it out for yourself! Here's the pizza recipe we tried last night: http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/08/04/everyday-paleo-pizza/
No comments:
Post a Comment