Sunday, March 23, 2014

Baby Shower - Celebrating Baby Ava!

This weekend was an incredible weekend celebrating baby Ava with family and friends. We were so blessed by our dear friend, Teri, who threw the incredible shower, so blessed to have so many family members travel from afar to attend, and so blessed to have so many friends and co-workers come celebrate as well!

It all started Friday afternoon with my aunts, my mom's two sisters, flying in. We went to lunch at Boundin and then went to get pedicures and manicures - so much fun!


Later that afternoon, we went to the airport to pick up my mom and my mother-in-law. That evening we ordered pizza and had a fun night in catching up and laughing a lot! Our house has never had this many guests at once, so it was a lot of fun hosting!

Saturday morning, we set out to have breakfast, and went to our favorite - the Waffle Barn...home of the most amazing strawberry waffles in this world, which baby Ava has been craving non-stop (the strawberries....not so much the waffles :)


After eating a TON of food, we went home and got ready for the baby shower! Before leaving, we took a few nice pictures in front of our home...


With my beautiful mama...


And with my amazing mother in law...


The shower was amazing - a memory I'll cherish forever! Teri had to have baked forever to create this amazing dessert table. The cake balls were my favorite, but every item was delicious!!


And the diaper cake was so incredibly cute!!!


 
 
We played some fun games, and then I spent an eternity opening everyone's generous gifts...baby Ava is already insanely spoiled!!!
 


Something I absolutely loved was that Teri had each guest write out advice to me, which I read in between opening each gift - it was so meaningful to me to have them as memories from the shower, and I'm already thinking of crafts I can do to save them forever in some way.

I was so touched by everyone's thoughtfulness...I even received a number of handmade blankets, which were just so touching (and all of which were pink!)

My very talented mother in law made this blanket and car seat canopy...







My dear friend Debi made this incredible blanket, incorporating my two favorite things: the color pink and hearts! I can only imagine how much time this took her - it's so special!



And my mother is well on her way to spoiling her grandchild rotten...not only did she get us the BOB stroller and the pack-n-play with infant sleeper and changing station, but she bought Ava the most adorable clothes, shoes, and even a swimsuit for Hawaii later this year. Here are some of the clothes...

 


Aside from Teri herself being pregnant too, our friend and mutual hairstylist is as well. And all of us are having girls! So looking forward to all of us getting together for play dates in the future :)


It was so special to have my friend Jeanne there, and her baby Elysia who is as cute as can be!


And some pictures from the end of the shower, when Dee stopped by too...






It was such an incredibly special day, surrounded by all the amazing women in my life. I am so very blessed, and baby Ava is already so very loved. I still can't believe how perfect and beautiful Teri made everything - baby Ava and I are very blessed to have such a special friend in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment