We had such a nice Valentine's Day this year. The actual day was a Friday and that evening we had our weekly bible study, so we celebrated Saturday instead. It was so nice to have it coincide with a 3-day weekend!
I attempted to let Dee sleep in for the first time in probably a year and got the puppy up on my own. That benefited him all of about 23 minutes until she barked and woke him up :) it's the thought that counts, right? We made delicious huckleberry banana whole grain pancakes for breakfast and then took the puppy on a 4.5 mile walk around our neighborhood - probably the last time I'll be able to do that, as I could really feel the affect of walking that much with all this new weight my back and hips are trying so desperately to support! Needless to say we came back home a enjoyed a nice long nap - whole family including puppy and kitty together.
That night we decided to splurge on a really nice dinner, and really savor this being one of our last date nights absent kids. We went to my favorite place - The Melting Pot. And pretty sure we both ate for 5....I'm still full!
It also gave me the opportunity to wear my favorite piece of maternity clothing - a beautiful dress my mom bought me. I'm so glad Jessica Simpson decided to make maternity clothes - she's the only designer I've found that knows how to make a huge pregnant woman that feels like a whale feel pretty while not breaking the bank on something you can only wear for a short time. I wish so badly we got a picture of the two of us together - Dee looked mighty handsome that night. But, he took a picture of me and peanut instead...
The rest of the weekend we spent working away on the nursery - no pictures yet as we want to wait until it's finished to share anything, but the walls are the most adorable shade of pink, and Dee hung the most gorgeous pink shaded chandelier. We also ordered the last pieces or furniture we needed. Even though the room is still an absolute disaster zone with boxes and paint sheets everywhere, I find myself going in there every day, turning on the light and just standing in there for a moment thinking about the precious little girl that will be in our arms soon - growing up in this room. :) only 11 more weeks!
We also started researching childcare options for our precious bundle of joy. Boy is that the least fun thing to do ever. It's hard enough to envision anyone other than one of us taking care of our baby during working hours, but then you need to decide between many different options and a wide span of costs. We're praying about for now, and in the meantime I'm so thankful to live in CA where I get nearly 5 months of maternity leave to think everything through.
We hope everyone had a nice weekend. Working at the same company now, we're so blessed to get the same days off for vacation.

No comments:
Post a Comment