Monday, February 13, 2012

Homemade Body Creme

Best discovery of 2012 thus far? Coconut oil! Who knew something could smell so amazing, taste so amazing in all the recipes I used to use with Olive Oil, and feel so amazing on your skin?! Well, probably many of you out there did....but I sure did not!

I've already shared with you guys a post on homemade deoderant that uses coconut oil - here's one on the best body butter/creme I have ever come across! You know those Arbonne or La Mer ones that make your skin feel like silk but cost more than a car payment...or heck, even those Eucerin or Lubiderm ones you can buy at Target that make your skin feel pretty amazing but are loaded with ingredients you can't pronounce...and likely some poisonous ones too (i.e. parabens!). Well, this is better than all of them, and for just a couple of cents per jar to boot!



Ingredients:
- 1 cup pure, unrefined, virgin coconut oil (Sprouts or Whole Foods carries it)
- 1 teaspoon pure vitamin E oil (CVS, Walgreens, etc. carries it)

Directions:
Using the whisk attachement for either your hand held or stand electric mixer, whisk the ingredients on high speed for about 3-4 minutes. You do not need to melt the coconut oil, but you may prefer to soften it a little to reduce the whisking time. Essentially, you want to whisk it until it whipped like body butter.

Store in a sealed container. For use, grab a small quarter sized amount and rub into skin. I use this just after showering all over my legs, arms, hands, and even my face (yes, I use oils on my face....best acne and dry skin decision I have ever made...post to come on that later!).



A little bit goes a long way...too much and you'll feel greasy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment