We're so blessed to have so many special friends here in Roseville, since neither of us have family within driving distance...having them celebrate Ava's birthday with us was truly so special! We also had Grandma & Papa in town from WA (Dee's parents), which made it even more special!
Ava is obviously far too young to tell me what theme she'd like for her birthday party, but I wanted a theme that she would have chosen could she actually communicate...and I know I picked the perfect one. This girl LOVES bunnies. She doesn't go to sleep or anywhere without her pink bunny that's attached to a blanket, and she has 11 other stuffed bunnies around the house. Every time she picks one up she makes a huge smile as she snuggles and hugs it and will even kiss it from time to time. So, the theme had to be "Some Bunny Is Turning One!"
Here's the invite I had made (with address and phone number whited out!):
Most everything I made (I love to craft and bake!), but I wanted to order a print of a chalkboard sign that sums up all the stats for her first year. Here's the one I had made - I just love it! It's now framed in her room in between her official newborn and 1st year pictures...
The birthday girl's chair all decked out...
Ava really enjoyed opening her presents....
This babydoll is now her new favorite toy...she is obsessed with mothering it. After every bottle she has, she takes the bottle from my hands and runs to her baby to feed her. So sweet!...
The food table all set up. We made egg salad and chicken salad sandwiches cut in the shape of bunnies, pasta salad, bunny shaped cookies, and strawberry cupcakes with bunny ears on top.
The smash cake! Ava wanted to lick it at first. It may not look too appetizing, and that's because it's essentially banana bread with strawberry puree for frosting...that's what happens when you have a baby who's allergic to dairy...
Ava decides one lick is enough...
And, overboard the "cake" goes...
Ava says, "well, if you won't let me throw it overboard, I think you should taste this nasty stuff..."
Hey, it's squishy...
When she discovers everyone is laughing at her...
Little miss personality!
"Oh, hey, it's not so bad after all....thanks mom!"
Ava with her buds Haddie and Emmie (Haddie is a month younger, and Emmie is almost 3 months younger).
One of the burlap banners I made, "Some Bunny Is One"...
I made these fabric banners for each of the windows...
The other burlap banner I made, "Hoppy Birthday" and the formal newborn and one-year pics of Ava on either side of a poster we had made describing all of Ava's one-year stats...how many teeth, how much she weighs, how tall she is and all the things she loves to do, eat and read.
The letters for her first birthday pictures...
The banner that displayed each of her "month" pics for the first year of her life. It was so cool to see how much she changed month to month...
I printed out nearly every pic from her first year and made a giant one with it. We loved it so much, we relocated it to her room after the party instead of tearing it down...
My amazingly talented Aunt Darrilyn made this bunny dress for Ava from the cutest bunny fabric! She even embroidered a bunny with a cottontail on the dress and made a headband to match (though not pictured here as little miss isn't fond of things on her head)...
Happy birthday to our sweet little Ava!






























No comments:
Post a Comment