Sunday, May 10, 2015

Ava - 11 Months

April 27, 2015

Ava Girl,

How is it possible that you are 11 months old?! It's hard to believe that you are nearly 1 year old...time flies too fast. Each day with you is more and more precious. Parenting is an interesting juxtaposition of being elated for you to reach new milestones and grow, while also being sad that the growing happens so very quickly that in no time at all you'll be all grown up!

Your 11th month was the first month you haven't popped new teeth out since 5 months. You have 8 now. I wish we could say you're getting a reprieve from teething, but it appears your molars are slowly making their way through and leaving you more miserable with pain than any of the previous ones. But, your smile continues to get more magical with each new tooth! :)

You continue to be quite the talker...it's amazing how social and outgoing you are. As fun as it is taking you everywhere with me (our favorites are Costco, Target, and the outdoor mall), we get stopped over and over again by many who want to talk back to you ;)

You clap, wave 'hello' and 'bye bye' and blow kisses....and, you now WALK! Just a little after you turned 10 months you started, and every day you practice over and over again...each day adding more steps. I'm convinced you're going to be a super star athlete because you have incredible strength combined with this persistence and determination unlike I've ever seen....you just practice over and over again, determined to do something and perfect it, and you won't quit until you can do it. I love this about you.

You're definitely understanding a lot more communication-wise. You're pretty receptive to the word "no," which is good because you're quite the daredevil. Climbing on top of things (dresser drawers pulled open, the dishwasher when opened, shelves in the pantry, etc.), pulling cords attached to outlets, trying to pry the covers from the outlets...I could go on and on!

You love to play games...pee-a-boo and being chased are your favorites. Daddy and I just love how you play hide and seek with us. You'll go hide on the side of the couch and slowly look out while smiling, wondering if we're about to come and get you, and when we do you scurry away quickly giggling all the while.

You continue to love animals - your face lights up every time you see them...every morning you smile huge for your puppy and give her kisses. And, bunnies are of course still your favorite. Even when you see a bunny in a book you lean in to nuzzle and kiss it - so incredibly sweet! We're planning you're first birthday party right now and there was no doubt it has to be bunny themed! You have about 10 stuffed animal bunnies around the house and every time you see one you go pick it up and snuggle it. And you never go anywhere (especially to sleep) without the "bunny"....the precious little pink bunny attached to a little, soft pink blanket. You rub it's long ears on your cheek while falling to sleep. It's so sweet.

Here are some pics from your 11th month of this crazy, beautiful life:

Every month, I take your picture...and each month you keep making the pictures even more beautiful than the month prior. Here are a few of my favorites from our photo shoot in the wildflowers in front of our home :)




This is how you and daddy plant seeds in the garden...

Blowing bubbles!

Breakfast with grandmommy and grandpa!

Giving grandmommy your pacifier ;-)

At the zoo - one of your favorite places!

One day I had to go into the office for work, and I asked Kristen to send me a picture of you and here is what she sent...

Every day you have your mid-morning snacks at the lake across the street and you just love all the ducks!

During dinner one night, I pretended to be on the phone, and you loved mimicking me!

You can't get enough of your puppy's tail lately (poor Paisley)...

I was out grocery shopping one afternoon and daddy sent me this picture when I asked how you were doing (cutest baby ever!!!!)

Daddy asked for his POTD (photo of the day), and this is what I sent him...look at those cheeks! I can't kiss them enough!!!

You love (read: you will only tolerate) feeding yourself!
 
We try to go out every afternoon these days to let you run around and explore more things, so here's one of many car trip pictures...



My boss is amazing, and let's me take a break Thursday mornings so that Kristen and I can take you to Mother Goose on the Loose at the library....it's one of my favorite things we do each week!

I was cleaning out your closet to put stuff in the attic and I found your bassinet you slept in the first 4 months of your life and decided to put you in it to see if you still fit...that's when reality really sunk in that you're not a little baby anymore! ;-(

Your amazingly talented great-Auntie DD sent a couple of dresses and matching hats she made for you....here's your favorite one that you tried on for fitting...
 
We're still working on hats (and bows and clips and anything that goes on your head/in your hair)...

 
Clapping your hands you were so happy to be dressed so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment