Monday, April 13, 2015

Grandmommy & Grandpa Come to Visit!

This past weekend (Easter Weekend), Grandmommy and Grandpa (Lohmeier-side) came to visit, and it was so special to share Ava's first Easter with them.

Their first day with us, we went out to breakfast at the Original Pancake House so that Grandmommy could get her favorite Dutch Baby Pankcakes (yum!). Ava is not very fond of being confined these days (especially with her newfound walking skill), so she was a little....sassy we'll say, while we juggled eating and keeping her occupied - until she was given toast! This girl LOVES toast. Here she is happily munching on it...



Side-story...apparently she takes after her mommy in loving toast. My parents have a fond memory of me as a 2 year old at Thanksgiving with my grandparents (on my mother's side, who have long since passed). Thanksgiving was always a fancy, big deal with them...fine china, crystal chandelier...you get the idea. So, I'm all cute as can be, being a perfect baby in my highchair (hey, that's how I remember it!), and my grandfather stands up before everyone digs in and says, "I'd like to make a toast," to which I exclaimed "Toast?! I'll have some toast!" He apparently laughed harder than anyone had ever seen (everyone laughed of course), and my Grammy scurried to the kitchen to make me some toast! :) I love that story...

So, back to Ava's first Easter...

Friday night, Grandmommy and Grandpa "forced" Dee and I on a date (we didn't need much....er, any convincing!), and Dee surprised me by taking me to this painting place in Folsom where you drink wine and paint...two of my favorite things! I painted a bunny for Ava and he painted a collage of all the special memories of our relationship (our first date, our proposal, our honeymoon)...so romantic. Then, we went to a fancy dinner at Hawks. We really enjoyed our special time together and realize how important it is that we still make time like that....and Ava had a blast with Grandmommy and Grandpa while we were gone of course.



Saturday was their second day with us, and we went to a lovely brunch at a French restaurant we love in town. We dressed Ava up in her adorable outfit from Auntie DD and she put on her best French behavior as evidenced by these pictures...

(again with toast)...






Grandpa asked her to pick out a bottle of wine for mommy, and she chose this...



Then, Grandpa and Daddy/Dee worked on the backsplash for our kitchen together while Grandmommy took her girls shopping...spoiling us rotten.

Happy girl picking out shoes at Nordstrom's!...



Sunday, we all went to the zoo, and we all had such a blast watching Ava's reaction to all the animals. I swear this girl will be a vet, she loves animals so much. She would intently study each animal, smile, wave, make roaring sounds....it was too cute!



Here's a video of her waving to the Ostrich and Zebra...

https://youtu.be/yN1vTQsMZVU

Here's a video of her roaring at the lions...

https://youtu.be/G5RMu5rc8jg


And, of course, Ava was spoiled with Easter gifts from Grandmommy and Grandpa...too many outfits to count, animal peeaboo books (her favorite), and a bunny bigger than she is! She loves bunnies so much. Each time she sees a bunny in a book she leans in to nuzzle and kiss the bunny, and does the same with her stuffed animals. Melts our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment