Sunday, August 24, 2014

Ava - 2 Months

July 26, 2014

Ava Girl,

Two months already!!! How is that possible?! I think it's because the days are just strung together with no specific start and stop due to the sleepless nights...though you are finally starting to give us a 5-6 hour stretch of sleep....thank you!!!

You had your two month well baby check-up and are meeting all the necessary milestones. You're also gaining weight like a champ at a whopping 12 pounds (90th percentile!). You did not handle the two month shots very well. It broke our hearts to watch you cry while getting four shots, but you recovered with some love and we went home, ate, and I put you down for a nap. I knew instantly something was wrong when you woke up from your nap crying (which you never do), and then screaming bloody murder. It broke my heart to know your body was aching and for you to be inconsolably crying. I held you and kissed you and sang to you for an hour while the Tylenol kicked in and you were finally calm. I also cried a far amount myself :) I promise I will be giving you Tylenol BEFORE every shot from now on!

Your personality = hello social butterfly!!! You smile every chance you get and we are waiting on pins and needles for the laugh that will one day come with it. Your smile just melts our hearts and we spend all day every day trying to get you smile over and over and over again. You are even more of a talker now too and we love to have conversations with you. You love your baths and you love to look around and observe everything....from the puppy to the art on the wall to the air vents...it fascinates you endlessly!

Here are some photos from your second month of this beautiful life...











No comments:

Post a Comment