Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Baby Mains is 35 Weeks Old!

My how time flies! It seems like just yesterday, I stared at this stick for about an hour in utter excitement and disbelief, then packaged it to give to Dee as a birthday present...



It also seems like just yesterday that we "saw" baby Mains for the very first time. Hardly anything more than a flickering heartbeat, we were absolutely head over heels in love with her (or him...not yet knowing the gender). Here she is at 7 weeks...



Just 5 weeks beyond that, I saw her when I traveled to Orange County to see a high risk OB regarding my hyperparathyroidism. It was during this scan that I was told she was a GIRL! If I only I could find where I put the 12 week ultrasound pictures...grrr. Well, when I do find them I'll put it here...

4 weeks past that, I was leaving UCSF where I had the parathyroid tumor removed from my neck and so immeasurably thankful to God for guiding our baby girl safely through my body trying to kill her for a month (facing an 80% miscarriage chance) and a four hour surgery where I was completed knocked out, breathing tube at all.  Here she is, our little fighter miracle baby, at 16 weeks (sucking her thumb)...



Then at a follow-up high risk OB appointment at 19 weeks (sucking her thumb again)...



7 weeks later, at 26 weeks, she showed us her precious feet...



And 4 weeks after that she showed us her precious profile. Here she is at 30 weeks...



And now, at 35 weeks, we got to watch her move her mouth as if she were blowing kisses and even stick her tongue out at us. She's in the perfect position for birth and weighs in at 6 pounds, 3 ounces. Now we just wait to see if she's like her mommy in being a little early or on time, or like her daddy in being late (always!) ;) Here's her precious profile again at 35 weeks....




One of the perks of having a high risk pregnancy is that you get to watch your baby grow before she's even out in the world. Knowing how fast these past nearly nine months have gone by we're going to truly savor every single day of her life...knowing every single day is such a blessing. We are so grateful to God for giving her to us to raise and we cannot wait to start! I have just one week left of work, and then get to spend the month prior to her arrival (unless she comes early) nesting and resting, which I am very much looking forward to!




1 comment: