For starters, Dee didn't have to work for the first time since...shoot, I can't even remember when! So, I was ecstatic to finally have a solid two days to sleep in and have a some quality time with the hubs.
Sleeping in proved to be a challenge because of our fury child that likes to sleep on Dee's head and then head butt each of us when he wants to wake up and play at 6AM. But he's so cute (and the love of my life! shhhh....don't tell Dee), so we don't get mad...
What do you do when you wake up and it looks like this outside...freezing and foggy?! You have a romantic weekend is what you do :)
First, my amazing hubs put up no fight and took me to see The Vow....which he knew I had been dying to see since I first saw the previews last year. I am such a sucker for a good love story...especially ones like this based on true stories. Truthfully, I think he'll sit through any movie as long as he gets popcorn, but this was as chick flicky as they come and SO good! You must see it! I only cried about 27 times :)
We then headed out to eat some good food for our weekly date, and tried Skipolini's for the first time...verdict was YUM...we will definitely be back! You can't beat $5.50/each for a movie and amazing italian food within walking distance from the theater...awesome start to the weekend!
What weekend day could end without a trip to what has become our second home...Lowe's and Costco? We ended up buying a rug for our family room and a beautiful chandelier for our kitchen at Costco. Snickers sure loves the rug...
We did a little work on the house this weekend....painted the laundry room (still in progress...future exciting post on stenciling to come!), fixed all sprinklers, hung the chandelier, and got really excited when we discovered it was also connected to the dimmer switch...it's the little things in life!
And the weekend ended with me waking up from my afternoon nap being surprised by a dozen red roses, Breaking Dawn Part 1 on DVD, and couples massages. These are the kind of surprises I love!
Sunday nap time with my buddy...
Oh, and yes...Breaking Dawn Part 1 is just as good the third time...I'm sure it will be just as good the fourth, one hundreth, and one thousandth time too! :) I cannot wait for Part 2!!!




ewww breaking dawn!!!! POOR DEE!!!
ReplyDelete-Johnny
You talk such a big game, but I know you LOVE it too! Ha
Delete