Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Baby Mains #2!!!

We are so thrilled that God has blessed us with another child! We don't take for granted what an incredible blessing it is, and we pray daily that God will continue to keep this baby safe.

We found out very early on (5 weeks) that we were expecting. I think I was nearly 8 weeks along with Ava when I knew (due to extreme nausea) that I was pregnant! This time around, I suddenly stopped experiencing these crazy strong sugar cravings I typically get every night after dinner - I always need a little something sweet, whether fruit, yogurt or ice cream. After 3 days of not wanting anything to do with sweets, I thought I better take a test...

The confirmation line was so faint, I had to wake Dee up from sleep in a panic to help me decide if it was really there! He agreed it was, and taking another one the next day confirmed it!

So far, this pregnancy has been glorious compared to what I endured with Ava. No thyroid issues, no blood sugar out of whack, and no emergency surgery to remove a tumor from my neck to save the baby's life! I've had the usual 2 months of all-day nausea and not being able to eat much, and of course lots of fatigue (pregnancy + toddler is exhausting!), but am feeling so great now, albeit huge already! :)

We've been so very busy with Ava and moving homes that we haven't had much time to blog about this baby, but here we are at 28 weeks finally making a post!

At 15 weeks, while in Tucson for my brother's wedding, we went to a boutique ultrasound place to all (my whole family minus Kevin who had to work) get to see the baby and find out the gender together. As soon as I saw the face, I knew immediately it was a BOY! It's funny to me, but honestly...just his face told me it was 100% boy, and then they of course confirmed it with the "potty shot." I had suspected all along due to how different this pregnancy was. I'm a bit sad that I don't get to use all of Ava's cute clothes again, but...hey, I can always use another excuse to shop! ;) I'm definitely joking by the way...we are thrilled to be having a boy and I'm excited to watch Ava get to know and bond with her best friend for life!

We also officially decided on his name - Greyson Lee Mains :) We decided that since the last name obviously comes from dad's side of the family, the middle names of our children will come from mom's side. With Ava, her middle name, Joy, is my middle name, my mothers, and my grandmother's (Mary Joy Moffatt) middle name. With Greyson, his middle name, Lee, is my maternal grandfather's middle name (his full name was Darryl Lee Moffatt). So, it's really special to know that our children have meaningful names representing both sides of our families :)

It's really hard to find words to describe how blessed we feel to be expecting our second child - it is such an exciting time for us, and we're so grateful to the Lord for giving us another precious child to care for and raise!

Here are some pictures of our precious little peanut!

Seeing the little peanut for the first time, at just 8 weeks old!


Seeing his precious face for the first time in 3D at just 15 weeks!


Finding out he was in fact a BOY with most of our Lohmeier family!

Seeing his long legs and precious profile at our anatomy scan at 20 weeks :)


And, getting a sneak peek of what he really looks like at our 26 week perinatology scan....he looks so much like Ava to me!


We did just recently find out that Greyson's kidneys are dilated and refluxing urine. So, we're back to seeing the perinatologists we got to know very well during my pregnancy with Ava! We know that it's not a severe case at this point, for which we're extremely grateful, but it could pose a lot of significant health issues for him if it doesn't resolve by birth. So, we ask for everyone's prayers that his kidneys can figure out what they need to do before he enters this world so that we can avoid putting him through stressful testing, procedures, and possibly infections! 

No comments:

Post a Comment