Friday, October 31, 2014

Ava - 5 Months

October 26, 2014

Ava Girl,

Your daddy and I cannot believe how fast these past 5 months have gone! It seems as though you grow bigger and more independent every day.

You and I spent most of your fifth month in Arizona with Grandmommy and Grandpa. You loved Arizona...you'd sit outside with me and we'd count all the butterflies flying around their backyard, you'd smile and giggle at their puppies every time they came by you and you loved how much Granmommy and Grandpa would make you giggle.

You technically started rolling at 4 months, but month 5 is when you really started rolling...like, every time I'd put you down you'd roll! Front to back, back to front - you love both. You're so determined to get every toy around you that you will stretch and roll and even scoot your way toward it, and we are just amazed at how well you work with your hands now. You grab something and bring it close to observe, you squish it, put it in your mouth of course, and you love throwing and dropping them too. :)

Your smile just continues to get more and more heart melting, especially now that it's accompanied with giggling on a daily basis!

Here's a video of you giggling with a teddy bear



On the health front, you've continued to gain weight like a champ. You weighed 17.5 pounds and are 25 inches long at our last check-up! We continued with our nearly weekly GI check ins and made the decision to take you off all medicine after two months of trying nearly every PPI on the market, with none removing your pain completely. I had to make the absolutely excruciating decision to stop breastfeeding, as even removing dairy, soy, eggs, wheat, fish, nuts, and citrus, you still reacted badly. So, you're now on a super expensive prescription formula that would cost us more than $700 a month if it weren't for insurance...thank goodness for insurance! You're doing alright on it. You still are absolutely difficult to feed and you eat like a newborn...2.5 - 3 oz at a time and that's only if we walk you while eating, but most feedings you're not in pain, and that's what's important!

Here are some pics from your fifth month of this beautiful life...

Making your daddy happy by sporting WSU. Since it's cute and pink, I allowed it ;)

Grandpa came to stay with us for a week and drove us to AZ. Here he is "babysitting" you, or perhaps you're babysitting him!

We loved going for walks with the puppies when we were in AZ!

Grandmommy and Grandpa moved into a new house, so here you and I are at their old house in the room I grew up in, saying goodbye. I won't miss those 70's style doors :)

You are a pro at tummy time now, you stay in the push-up position until you're ready to flip over, smiling and making funny faces like this one :)

Napping on daddy's chest...

No comments:

Post a Comment