But first...I was surprised coming into work to find this beautiful bouquet of my favorite flowers - roses and star gazer lillies :) Dee added one more perk to his list of why he loves working at the same company as me - no more delivery charges for flowers! Ha.
I then cooked his favorite meal for dinner - chicken parmesan, but healthy style. I've been subscribing to this new magazine - Clean Eating, which has tons of delicious healthy recipes that we LOVE! The chicken parmesan was to die for!
Another awesome perk of Dee working at HP, besides the obvious of no longer commuting 1.5 hours each way and spending hundreds of $ of gas a week, is we now get the same holidays! So, we enjoyed a long 3-day weekend together, mostly consisting of some much needed R&R! But, we also did some work...
Dee finished his project of refinishing the cabinets in one of the bathrooms. It was a test to see if we liked it enough to propegate to the kitchen and other bathrooms...and we love it! They turned out a beautiful chocolate brown. Not the best picture here, but we'll post some better pictures once we completely finish by installing the hardware. You can see the color they originally were in the second picture below...
And, I studied my little butt off for the PMP exam. Four more months left!
I also bought a new book on my kindle that I practically finished in one sitting. It's called The Diet Cure, and for any of you health nuts like me out there, I HIGHLY recommend it! It supports a largely Paleo Diet, but goes into expert detail on exactly why we're addicted food and the crucial role of amino acids in helping us overcome addiction to nasty, non-nutritious foods like sugar, flour, and even dairy; as well as the crucial role of healthy fats. We started eating according to the plan and taking the supplements...and I'm surprised that I have yet to crave anything sweet! If you're interested, check it out here.
And, Snickers of course did his usual...napping here, napping there, napping everywhere. He even tried to prevent me from doing yoga by napping on my yoga mat as I rolled it out, but moved too quickly so I couldn't snap a picture.
Hope everyone had a beautiful Valentine's day and a great weekend!
Catching up on your blog! I would LOVE that chicken parm recipe...it's Justin's favorite too!:)
ReplyDelete