Thursday, April 5, 2012

Our March Madness & Happiness

Sigh…so few posts for the month of March. We had good reason though…or at least excuses. Ready? Here they come…March Madness & Happiness!

Madness:
·         We made great strides in making our house a home – complete with Dee spending a full weekend digging up the dead backyard grass and re-seeding. Thank you two full weeks of March rain, and we now have grass! Ta Da! Also bought additional and much needed furniture…pics to come hopefully this weekend!
·         Dee worked 60 hour weeks for pretty much the whole month while…
·         I heard that I got the much wanted Supply Chain Strategist job I interviewed for at HP, and I started mid-March. Translated into Stephanie terms…begin 3-6 months of working crazy insane hours to learn as fast and as much as possible.
·         Lost count of how many different doctor appointments came and went…opinions, tests, scans,…waiting….more waiting….more opinions….madness.

Happiness:
·         Mom & Dad Lohmeier came to visit! They conspired with Dee to surprise me, which was so great. We had such a blast spending 4 days with them and were so glad to have our first house guests! Miss you already mom & dad!
·         I met with the first surgeon (being advised to get two surgeon opinions) just over a week ago. The second, and who happens to be one of the best in the country, I cannot see until early June. The good/great/incredible news? He doesn’t believe I have cancer! Apparently, there are two different types of calcification originations. One like mine that starts in the thyroid and encroaches on the nodules is apparently rarely cancerous he told me. Ones contained to only the nodules are almost always cancerous. This is what my endocrinologist had told me I had. The bad news? It doesn’t sit quite well with me that I have a drastically opposite opinion from the surgeon and endocrinologist, albeit a much better outlook if I go with what the surgeon says. For now, we are clinging to what the surgeon has told us, and are looking forward to the second surgeon’s analysis to better understand where exactly we stand! I was also told that I will still have to have surgery to get the parathyroid tumor removed; but, they want to wait for it to grow a little bigger first. All in all, praise God!!!

So, there you have it. Our March madness and happiness summed up. April hopefully brings more happiness…and more blog posts! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment